4-H is the nation’s largest youth development organization. Bainbridge Island 4-H is led by adult volunteers who focus on the development of life-skills in youth 5-19 years of age through a variety of projects, following the 4-H slogan of “Learn by Doing”. Head, Heart, Hands, and Health are the four H’s in 4-H .
The 4-H pledge:
– I pledge my head to clearer thinking,
– my heart to greater loyalty,
– my hands to larger service, and
– my health to better living,
– for my club, my community, my country and my world.
Our 4-H members can also participate at the county and state level in multiple events: the Kitsap County Fair; if they qualify, the Washington State Fair; county public presentations; summer camp (as campers and counselors); community service projects; and WSU based leadership conferences.